When you open a Health Savings Account with RCU, you'll enjoy more flexibility and control over health care costs. If you have a high deductible health plan, consider this:
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) allow your employer to make pre-tax contributions on your behalf
- Other contributions you make on an HSA are tax deductible, allowing you to save on medical expenses
- Distributions may be tax-free when used for qualifying expenses
- HSA limits can vary year to year (ie: 2019: $3,500 for individuals; $7,000 for families)
- You must be eligible to participate in an HSA
- Access your account through checks or your RCU HSA debit card
- Funds carry over year after year, no "use it or lose it" provision
- You must maintain an RCU membership to be eligible
Do you have questions about high-deductible health plans (HDHPs)?
Want to know about HSA contribution limits?
*You may bring all completed forms into any RCU branch or mail it to the following address:
Redwood Credit Union
Attn: HSA Department
P.O. Box 6104
Santa Rosa, CA 95406